CoreOS is looking for senior distributed systems engineer to work on etcd, a distributed reliable key-value store for the most critical system data.
etcd is one of the most popular open source projects in distributed systems, with over a thousand related projects on GitHub and a fast-growing and excited [community of users][https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/production-users.md]. Notably etcd is the primary data store of the Kubernetes API Server and powers the the persistence, high availability, event stream, and locking services of Kubernetes.
- Coding features, enhancements, and bug fixes in all areas of the project, ranging from the client's user interface to CoreOS’s implementation of the Raft algorithm
- Interacting and engaging with the open source community, helping users and shepherding contributions
- Working with some of the largest etcd users, such as Kubernetes project, to drive etcd to the next level of scale
Relevant skills/experience include:
- Practical knowledge of C/C++, Go, or other system level languages.
- Experience in designing and implementing reliable distributed systems
- Ability to clearly communicate your technical ideas via written documentation and public presentations
- Experience in testing and debugging complex systems
- Contribution to open source projects
As with all engineering roles at CoreOS, we expect you'll be emphatic about good development practices: code review and writing tests should be your second nature. Prior experience running databases in high-volume or high-scale production environments is highly desirable.