CoreOS is bringing Kubernetes to the enterprise: making the power of Google-like infrastructure available to every company. As the global leader in cloud infrastructure and container management, CoreOS helps companies run flexible, efficient, and secure infrastructure that powers the digital properties that power their business. With CoreOS products and solutions, forward-thinking companies can get products to market quickly, supercharge their IT teams, move fast without compromising security, and get software-defined container tools that just work to run their cloud infrastructure at scale.
CoreOS is looking for a junior test automation engineer to join the Tectonic team. Tectonic is enterprise Kubernetes by CoreOS. It is built on pure-upstream Kubernetes but has an opinion on the best way to install and run a Kubernetes cluster. As part of the test automation team you will work on setting up and maintaining continuous integration pipelines for both individual Tectonic components as well as end-to-end tests.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing test automation starting from individual Tectonic components to full end-to-end test suites.
- Ensuring test automation coverage meets the highest quality standards.
- Supporting internal engineering teams with their test automation needs.
- Actively contributing to high-profile open source projects.
- Presenting your work at relevant industry conferences and meetups.
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Hence, experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Collaborate with application and operations engineers.
- Experience with AWS, OpenStack or VMWare.
- Understanding of integrity and reliability testing.
- Troubleshoot complex issues in automated systems.
- Experience using fault injection frameworks.
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer.
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Go.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- All the artisan coffee you can drink
- Complimentary lunches at small local businesses
- Annual company outings and retreats
- Flexible hours and work environment