CoreOS is bringing Kubernetes to the enterprise: making the power of Google-like infrastructure available to every company. As the global leader in cloud infrastructure and container management, CoreOS helps companies run flexible, efficient, and secure infrastructure that powers the digital properties that power their business. With CoreOS products and solutions, forward-thinking companies can get products to market quickly, supercharge their IT teams, move fast without compromising security, and get software-defined container tools that just work to run their cloud infrastructure at scale.
CoreOS is looking for a software engineer to join the Berlin based Prometheus team. Prometheus is the leading monitoring solution for Kubernetes. Tectonic is the enterprise Kubernetes product by CoreOS. As part of the Prometheus team you will work on automation of Prometheus and integration with Tectonic for cluster and application monitoring.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing automation to provision cluster and application monitoring.
- Defining and refining monitoring metrics and alerts.
- Actively contribute to a high-profile open source project.
- Presenting your work at relevant industry conferences and meetups.
- Being a go to person for sales engineers and professional services for questions regarding Tectonic monitoring.
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Hence, experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Collaborate with application and operations engineers.
- Experience with monitoring of cloud and on-premise infrastructure and applications.
- Troubleshooting complex issues in distributed systems.
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer.
- Working knowledge of Prometheus and Go.
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- All the artisan coffee you can drink
- Complimentary lunches at small local businesses
- Annual company outings and retreats
- Flexible hours and work environment