CoreOS is bringing Kubernetes to the enterprise: making the power of Google-like infrastructure available to every company. As the global leader in cloud infrastructure and container management, CoreOS helps companies run flexible, efficient, and secure infrastructure that powers the digital properties that power their business. With CoreOS products and solutions, forward-thinking companies can get products to market quickly, supercharge their IT teams, move fast without compromising security, and get software-defined container tools that just work to run their cloud infrastructure at scale.
CoreOS is looking for a software engineer to join the installer team for Tectonic, our enterprise Kubernetes product. Tectonic is built on pure-upstream Kubernetes but has an opinion on the best way to install and run a Kubernetes cluster. As part of the installer team you will work on an open source project for automated infrastructure provisioning on various cloud providers, virtualisation environments and bare metal.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Writing automation to reliably provision infrastructure (Cloud, VM and bare metal) for Kubernetes installations.
- Create software in Go which automates various aspects of cluster installation and maintenance.
- Interact and engage with the open source community, helping users and shepherding contributions.
- Being an inside expert to support field engineers regarding Tectonic installations.
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes cluster installation issues.
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Hence, experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Troubleshooting complex issues in distributed systems.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, VMWare, or Baremetal provisioning systems.
- Experience designing and running large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being an open source maintainer.
- Working knowledge of Terraform, Go, bash.
- Linux system administration.
- Linux application containers (Docker).
A few of our benefits & perks:
- Meaningful equity and competitive pay
- All the artisan coffee you can drink
- Complimentary lunches at small local businesses
- Annual company outings and retreats
- Flexible hours and work environment