CoreOS is a small company with a big mission: to secure the internet. To achieve this, we're seeking talented engineers to work on some of the most interesting problems in distributed systems. We're looking for individuals who demonstrate initiative and passion for our goal and are as enthusiastic as we are about bringing warehouse-scale computing to the masses.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Quay team in New York. Quay stores, builds, analyzes, and distributes container images. Quay is an established, market-leading solution with both SaaS and on-premises offerings that are used and loved by customers around the world. Tackle some very interesting problems across the software stack, including: scaling, container runtime isolation, user experience, service orchestration, and automated software lifecycle.
As a member of our Quay team we’ll be looking for you to:
- Develop dynamic web applications in Python
- Take ownership of new features from design through implementation and launch
- Maintain and enhance a large codebase
- Work with Kubernetes to automatically deploy complex stateful applications
- Engage with our customers
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Experience with a dynamic language such as Python or Ruby
- Experience developing or using web application frameworks and ORMs
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration