CoreOS is a small company with a big mission: to secure the internet. To achieve this, we're seeking talented engineers to work on some of the most interesting problems in distributed systems. We're looking for individuals who demonstrate initiative and passion for our goal and are as enthusiastic as we are about bringing warehouse-scale computing to the masses.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Apps team in New York. The Apps team is responsible for creating the next generation of distributed service packaging and deployment infrastructure. You will build distributed software components and frameworks which enable SREs to deploy and operate their distributed apps at scale.
As a member of our Apps team, we’ll want you to:
- Create software services in Go which automate the lifecycle of distributed applications targeting Kubernetes APIs
- Codify best practices by creating tools, SDKs, and utilities which enable and accelerate the development of distributed services
- Interact and engage with the open source community, helping users and shepherding contributions
- Be emphatic about good development practices: code review and writing tests should be second nature
- Take an active role in the emerging landscape of application containers and orchestration systems
Your aptitude and willingness to learn is just as important to us as your existing knowledge. Experience with the following is valuable, but not necessary:
- Open source development
- Go programming language
- Linux container technologies (Docker, rkt)
- Linux systems administration
- Practical use and debugging of distributed systems