Senior Instructional Designer with ILT Focus
CoreAxis's ideal candidate is passionate about instructional design and has experience producing results in a dynamic environment. The position is contract-to-hire and virtual. Compensation flexible for the right fit.
Samples are required.
- Design and develop instruction to match defined objectives and target audience
- Design and develop, or re-design, instructional content for web-based and/or instructor-led courseware
- Master content from existing sources well enough to communicate it
- Use design elements (text, graphics) to communicate logical sequence within a lesson
- Creates complimentary instructor lead training including exercises, role plays, simulations, and job aids as needed.
- Performs content analysis and creates a solid curriculum blueprint and outline for the course
- Perform needs analysis to identify training gaps
- Interview Subject Matter Experts and conduct external research for content that aligns to learning objectives
- Use PowerPoint to draft screen layouts, graphics and interactions appropriate to the content.
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the learning and performance objectives.
- Create training scenarios that include real-world application applicable to specific job functions.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving (taking a large, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Ability to set vision and drive tactical execution; willing to roll-up the sleeves to complete projects in an environment with competing deadlines
- Experience with structured writing techniques and modular content development processes.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced changing environment; ability to be flexible and resilient
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles and best practices
- Knowledge of course development processes
- Polished communication skills, active listener, and ability to synthesize high level information
- Experience writing scenario-based, narrative-driven, interactive, multimedia web-based courseware
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced PowerPoint user (visuals, graphics), Advanced Office