The Learning and Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of innovative and contemporary learning and development programs that supports strategies to build a sustainable, resilient, and adaptable workforce.
- Review and revitalize all existing learning and development activities considering new modes of delivery for remote workers, residential, professional, administrative staff and volunteers.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the organizations orientation program for new staff and volunteers that includes service and position specific checklists, self directed learning packages, buddying and mentoring, corporate orientation and customer care programs.
- Coordinate and maintain the organizational learning and development calendars and associated awareness months, considering mechanisms to promote the various activities and maximize participation from staff and volunteers across the company’s geographic footprint.
- Oversee the planning, delivery and evaluation of mandatory training programs to ensure skilled staff and volunteers and compliancy with quality standards and audit requirements. This includes the preparation of reports on staff attendance and follow up actions.
- Build a register and maintain relationships with a range of reputable training providers in the areas of leadership, management, clinical, care and other key organizational learning and development priorities.
- Coordinate requests to attend external courses and conferences which involves follow up on approvals, registrations and the associated travel and accommodation requirements.
- Oversee the coordination of internal learning and development activities, including: workshops, toolbox talks and staff meeting training sessions which may include the sourcing of contemporary trainers, guest speakers, specialist providers, educational consultants as requested by Service Managers. This may include assisting with organizing venues, RSVP’s, catering, training materials and equipment.
- Coordinate and manage traineeships in conjunction with managers, trainees and service providers, including monitoring key deadlines, reimbursements and funding incentives, coordinating supervision and training activities, sourcing government funding and initiatives and actively feeding into the curriculum development where possible.
- Ensure learning and development records and statistics are maintained and reported to effectively monitor, manage and plan organizational learning and development activities.
- Evaluate internally and externally facilitated learning and development activities, workshops and conferences and report on the return on investment in terms of costs, learning’s gained, strategies to reinforce learning and share knowledge with the organization as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for funding which can be utilized to provide enhanced programs and opportunities for professional development and expand staff qualifications, knowledge and skill base including assisting with application preparation and submission.
- Assist Managers with design and delivery of training and e-learning packages providing templates for lesson plans, presentation formats, facilitator guide formats, participant guides and evaluation documentation.
- Actively participate in special projects, initiatives or programs as required.