The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and support of the Automation framework for API Layer for enterprise system. She/he will report directly to the Director, Software Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- knowledge of Java-based automation framework development technologies and concepts.
- Strong understanding of web, mobile applications, enterprise system design and rich media applications.
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure that requirements and implementations are understood clearly in order to design accurate and comprehensive test cases.
- Code the test cases using Java technologies (mentioned in the Technical Skills) following industry standards.
- Participate in scrum meetings to help keep the automation FW in sync with development activities – Streaming Media Services.
- Document all test plans and release validation procedures.
- Work directly with Development, product and IT Ops on all phases of SDLC.
- Knowledge of industry-standard and best practices
- Good understanding of cloud based applications and application deployment
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science preferred, but will consider related field
- 3+ years of experience with QA automation and load testing cloud based applications
- Strong understanding of web applications, databases and rich media applications
- Strong development skills using core Java.
- Strong development skills using Jmeter scripts
- Good working knowledge of Jenkins, TeamCity, Build/deployment plans, test plan scheduling.
- Understanding of threading, concurrency and scalability concepts.
- Good understanding of web services, RESTful interfaces, XML, JSON
- Good understanding of XML schemata and documents, validation and parsing
- Knowledge with cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services or Azure preferred
- Experience with Linux, Windows, NGINX and Tomcat servers
- Experience/Knowledge with maven, Github, and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus)
- Knowledge/experience with Akamai Live Streaming, CDN, and EdgeComputing platforms preferred