COPA90 is the world’s largest independent football media business, a distributed media network that reaches more than 80 million fans around the world. It is the definitive youth media brand for football.
COPA90 believes that football is the universal language. It defines the football agenda. It entertains, informs and celebrates football and its fans in ways they love and the places they live.
Get a flavour of COPA90 by clicking here
COPA90 is seeking a Media Manager to work in our operational media function, based in London.
The Media department is responsible for delivering paid, owned & earned media campaigns on behalf of COPA90’s Clients (both internal and external). External clients include Brands, Agencies and Broadcaster/OTT partners. Internally, the department works closely with our Editorial and Creative functions and is a key partner for the Copa90 Commercial function.
The Media Manager, reporting to the Media Director in London, will be responsible for liaising externally with clients, demonstrating our media capabilities, planning and buying campaigns, building and scaling the team, developing best practice media strategy and delivering campaign management excellence. This is a unique opportunity to help establish a brand new, pivotal department within the most exciting media business in football.
Biddable Activation and Influencer media planning and buying:
- Develop effective media strategies for clients and help define and set clear KPIs for campaigns
- Create clear plans and presentations for clients, internal agency teams and client servicing departments detailing how a client’s objectives will be met through social channels
- Responsible for all elements for campaigns end-to-end, from initial strategy and the feeding into RFPs, through to the activation, optimisation and reporting, whilst ensuring best practice across the board is being threaded through effectively
Client – facing responsibility:
- Liaise externally with clients, demonstrating COPA90’s Media capability, communicating best practice and media strategy
- Act as a key partner of internal Sales and Creative teams, ensuring that best in class Media strategy is an integral part of our client projects
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of media strategies to clients
- Attend and represent the team at external and internal client meetings where necessary
Media platform relationship management:
- Develop and foster an effective working relationship for media operations with our partners at Google / YouTube, Facebook / Instagram, Twitter and emerging social content amplification platforms
- Arrange and attend regular catch ups with our priority partners to ensure we continue to deliver the best in class campaigns and identify potential alpha / beta trials
Team & Workload management:
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of work within your team, ensuring ways of working and best practice are adopted by all members of the team
Client profitability and finance:
- Responsible for the delivery & profitability of media campaigns for clients
- Support the internal Sales team in pursuing all potential cross sell / up sell opportunities
- Responsible for the timely and accurate billing and reconciliation of campaign spend / income by your team to ensure suppliers are paid on time, and clients are invoiced on time
- Campaign Quality Assurance - Ensure campaigns are delivered as planned with no overspends or errors in delivery
Product Development & New Business
- Keep abreast of developments in Social Media and the wider digital space
- Help create case studies and award entries based on campaign results as appropriate
- Contribute towards new business RFPs and pitches as required
- Provide input into new Media product development, working closely with commercial, creative and editorial internal teams
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Biddable Activation, social media planning or biddable media remit preferred
- Influencer marketing experience preferred
- Passionate about and engaged with the fast changing world of social media, online video, and digital marketing
- Practical expertise in planning and delivering campaigns on Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (working knowledge of YouTube and Facebook organic environments an advantage)
- Strongly numerate and comfortable manipulating data sets
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams, comfortable with showing what data means and how we can take action based upon it
- Commitment to deliver first class work, and never leave a quality issue unchecked
- Diligence and attention to detail in optimisation and reporting and all team output
- Highly commercial - selling value, negotiation, client relationship management skills, how to be a trusted business advisor