COPA90 is the world’s largest independent football media business, a distributed media network that reaches more than 80 million fans around the world. It is the definitive youth media brand for football.
COPA90 believes that football is the universal language. It defines the football agenda. It entertains, informs and celebrates football and its fans in ways they love and the places they live.
Get a flavour of COPA90 by clicking here
COPA90 is seeking a passionate, ambitious and creative individual to join its award winning team. You will be reporting to the Head of Creative and working with the creative and strategic teams working on brand responses. You will have the opportunity to work with COPA90 teams in London, New York and LA and contribute overall towards our expansion of the COPA90 brand globally.
From pitch through to delivery you will be responsible for the creative development, selling-in and execution of engaging and integrated, multi-platform football campaigns that orbit the COPA90 channels and platforms for some of the World’s most influential brands in football and beyond, including for example, Nike, Pepsi, Uber and Adidas.
- Creating new ideas from scratch or based on complex, ambiguous briefs and/or brand positioning
- Conducting competitive research and critical analysis
- Copywriting with brevity, energy, and clarity
- Demonstrable ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite to a basic level that shows knowledge of producing visually impactful comms assets including imagery, animations and films
- Ability to communicate concepts and approaches clearly and confidently either through creating deck proposals (using Keynote) or in face-to-face meetings.
- Providing critical, constructive feedback to creative design, writing and production teams
- Maintaining positive collaboration with a network of teams and stakeholders
- Desire to constantly explore new educational opportunities and expand your levels of professional experience
- Involvement in articulation, development, packaging and pitching of ideas to clients
- Working with clients, and their briefs to develop creative solutions to brand challenges
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion
- Providing quality control over concepts and projects
- Briefing and directing content makers (directors, storyboard artists, illustrators, animators, talent, cameramen and editors)
- Edit and delivery oversight across multiple deliverables
- Mentoring and managing apprentices and junior members of the creative team, specifically junior graphic designers and copywriters
- Providing effective performance management: setting clear goals for your team, providing regular feedback on performance and conducting formal appraisals at the conclusion of the fiscal year
- Build and maintain a professional network of creatives to help COPA90 deliver diverse and best in class creative work.
- Experience working in a creative role at a production company/advertising agency or equivalent content media business for 5 years
- Must possess a thorough understanding of social networks and online video platforms
- Demonstrable portfolio / project experience that includes digital and multi-platform elements
- Knowledge of typical delivery processes; strategic, creative, production and post-production
- Examples of projects that have been delivered from concept to completion
- Willingness to work alongside adjacent internal departments to build and iterate successful commercial campaigns (e.g. data, audience development, distribution)
- Willingness to work outside of the 9AM-5PM cycle and closer to the football calendar e.g. later starts and finishes on UEFA Champions League nights
- Willingness to regularly travel across the UK and abroad
- Ability to work unsupervised – working with initiative to take on responsibility and proactively problem solve
- Preferable, but not essential, is having a love of football and football culture
- Preferable, but not essential, a network of creative freelancers to help deliver against specific project requirements
The ideal candidate will be ambitious. They will be excited by the idea of joining a media start-up that has the ambition to change the face of sports media and become part of a team dead set on building the definitive, global, youth media brand for football.