At Rabbet, we aim to connect people and data to streamline construction finances. Lenders and real estate developers use Rabbet to manage their construction finance for projects from $500,000 to over $500 million. Not just a misspelled animal, a rabbet is a real joint in woodworking. As rabbets strengthen connections in woodworking, Rabbet works to strengthen connections in construction lending.
Our platform uses machine learning to classify and parse documents and to structure information for faster preparation and review of loan documentation. We help real estate lenders and developers reduce administrative burden and make better decisions for their large construction loan portfolios.
Rabbet is backed by a leading FinTech VC (QED), a large strategic investor (Goldman Sachs), and Y Combinator. You’ll be joining a company that values efficiency, guidance, transparency, and relationships. We’re a small team (~20 employees), so there’s plenty of opportunity to have a big impact.
On the product side, we’re big believers in starting with the problem first. We make commitments to solve those problems, not to deliver specific solutions. When building out solutions, we work iteratively to ensure that we’ve actually solved the problem, not just delivered a feature.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with the founders and other senior leadership to help drive our product, and ultimately construction as a whole, towards a more collaborative, connected, and efficient place.
Our ideal candidate can form insights and find innovative and efficient ways to act on these insights. From those insights, they can harness the passion and energy of people at Rabbet to bring those concepts into the world for our customers. We are looking for a proven candidate who can help shape the vision and roadmap, define principles that allow our team to innovate quickly, and integrate these efforts into a coherent whole.
Key objectives for this role include:
- An empathetic understanding of our customers and their needs
- Understand other participants in the ecosystem and Rabbet’s place within the broader ecosystem
- Own the identification and definition of user problems and work with a cross-functional team to deliver solutions to those problems
- Measure and track the progress of product initiatives
- Work with our growth and partner success teams to tell a coherent story of our product, both to current users as well as prospective customers
- Draft strategy and product updates for Rabbet’s senior leadership team
- 4+ years experience as a product manager, preferably at a startup that produces enterprise software
- Experience managing a product across its lifecycle
- Experience speaking directly to customers, for example in a user interview type setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- The ability to say “no”, but explain why in language the stakeholder understands
- Experience gathering and understanding user feedback, both qualitative and quantitative
- Ruthless prioritizer, managing the balance between short-terms needs with long-term goals
- Experience utilizing evidence-based decision-making
- Transparency in decision-making and process