Contract Simply (https://contractsimply.com) is looking for a senior platform developer in Austin or willing to relocate.
Contract Simply is building the first A.I., machine learning platform for the $900B US construction lending market. We help banks manage their large and complex construction loan portfolio using intelligent automation and integrated payments. Unlike a typical loan, a construction loan isn’t a single payment. Instead, it’s broken up into monthly payments called draws. That monthly draw process is complicated, with many stakeholders and hundreds or thousands of documents. Currently, all of this is managed with excel spreadsheets, PDFs, emails, and paper checks.
Our software helps lenders, developers, and other stakeholders produce and process this documentation automatically, leading to fewer errors, faster payments, and more profitable loans.
We’re currently small (<20 employees) but growing quickly, YC-backed, and are already working with several of the largest lenders in the industry. You’d be working directly with the founders in a company that values being purposeful, efficient, authentic, transparent, curious, and agile.
TECH WE USE
Elixir, Python, React, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, circleci, sklearn
- 4+ years experience in server-side web development
- expertise in at least one server-side framework (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.)
- solid understanding of git
- experience with Postgres (or another RDBMS)
- solid understanding of testing strategies (types of tests, TDD, BDD, etc.) as well as an understanding of when to apply those strategies
- proven experience building functional APIs
- experience collaborating with frontend developers to define an API
- can build quickly without creating a horrible mess
NICE TO HAVE
- experience with both Elixir, Phoenix, and Absinthe
- experience with GraphQL APIs
- experience with machine learning, particularly in Python
- experience with Kubernetes