Contract Simply is looking for a Director of Partner Success in Austin.
We help financial institutions and real estate developers manage construction finances intelligently using automation and and machine learning. Unlike a typical loan, a construction loan isn’t a single payment. Instead, it’s broken up into monthly payments called draws. That monthly draw process is complicated, with many stakeholders, competing interests and hundreds of documents. Currently, all of this is managed with excel spreadsheets, PDFs, emails, and on paper. Our software helps lenders, real estate developers, and other stakeholders produce and process this documentation, leading to fewer errors and faster payment.
We’re currently small (around 15 employees) and YC-backed. You’d be working directly with the founders in a company that values being purposeful, efficient, driven, authentic, transparent, curious, and agile.
Who we are looking for:
Due to the wide scope and complexity of the day to day in this role, we’re looking for someone to join our team that can handle multiple accounts in a consultative, high touch way with a background in finance or accounting. Most of all you need to be a quick learner and highly curious.
You will engage with customer leadership to structure goals for solution usage, work with customers to drive adoption, create sophisticated ways to quantify value, and deliver regular business insights. This might include on-site work with customers for training sessions to enhance solution adoption.
From onboarding a new account to expanding successful usage within an existing account we need someone who has proven success managing and developing long-term customer relationships and doesn’t shy away from challenges.
Being a director:
This role requires team members that are willing to do the day-to-day tasks of the role, while simultaneously building the team. Therein, a key part of the role is the ability to recruit and train talent to grow the Partner Success department. You will maintain top tier accounts while onboarding and managing key hires to grow the department as the company scales. As such, this role requires the ability to develop processes, coordinate high level strategy, while remaining an effective contributor on the individual level.
The complexity of this role:
Construction loans are extremely complicated. From different states to different types of loans to different lender requirements, there is no one size fits all. These are sophisticated financial transaction with equity partners, syndicate partners, public partners, etc. As such, mapping our software to the needs of our customers is a key point of difficulty. You must be able to achieve an extremely high level of the transaction and our software to be able to map the customer needs to our application to ensure success in implementation.
This difficulty cannot be understated. Our software will not be customized to match the existing workflow of every stakeholder. As such, this role must be able to work closely during implementation to resolve conflicts between a partners existing process and our solution.
We will also have customers of different sizes and roles in the construction process. We will be working with the largest financial institutions in the country to smaller lenders and developers of all sizes. Our approach to making each customer successful with our software will vary accordingly.
Additionally, discrepancies will arise in our software with our customer’s finances. The role will need to be able to audit the numbers to resolve the customer's concerns, whether it be user error, issues with the application, or it is truly a point of risk caught by the software. Numeric integrity of the system is of paramount importance.
Our goal with our Partner Success group is to become known within the industry as the top domain experts in construction finance and with our customers, to be viewed as an extension of their organizations.
● Serve as the primary point of contact for our customers
● Uncover and reveal value to the customer through data and usage stats
● Quickly establish trusting, in-depth relationships with a sense of empathy
● Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
● Collaborate with the sales team to identify and develop new business opportunities with existing clients
● Communicate client feedback to internal stakeholders to drive product road map
● Track success metrics to drive future sales, and constantly link success metrics to customers' goals
● Act as the client’s advocate and come in with a do-whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure they find success
● Drive customer adoption and expansion by creatively and proactively tracking current product usage
● Plan on-site client training sessions as required, although this will often be done virtually
● Build a scalable training and ongoing best practices process and curriculum
● Proven ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders at various levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
● Ability to understand clients' key problems and remedy directly, or escalate and involve internal stakeholders to relay back to the customer as needed
● Solid experience with CRM software, messaging apps, and G-Suite
● Excel is a must. You will be jumping into complex reconciliations in a project regularly and being able to quickly understand the nature of the problem is key to being successful in this role.
● Ability to handle multiple accounts at a time without losing attention to detail
● Proven ability to learn and adapt to evolving software quickly in order to support demanding client needs
● Ability to hire, manage, and lead a team
● Comfort around promptly responding to client needs from a mobile setting when not at desk
Desirable Skills and Experience
● Bachelors in quantitative discipline (finance, accounting, economics, or math)
● High emotional intelligence and charisma will be important while working with a wide variety of client personas and roles
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● High level of business acumen
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive pay and benefits, plus equity. Despite being a startup, we do value work/life balance.
Contract Simply is an equal opportunity employer; however, we only hire hard working people who are very fun, very curious, and very smart.