Are you up to the challenge? Come help build out our compliance organization to meet the demands of a rapidly growing online marketplace. Ensure we are at the forefront of regulatory compliance and build operations that will scale. Work across teams and stakeholders to ensure everyone is marching in the same direction and the trains are running on time. (This role could be in Tulsa, OK, Austin, TX or remote)
What You’ll Do
- Create and promote a strong culture of compliance, while balancing the needs of a growing business
- Recruit and manage a team
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training and awareness programs
- Develop and maintain regulatory relationships and industry experts
- Identifying and investigating potential compliance breaches, providing options available to manage and mitigate them, coordinating corrective action across necessary teams
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to management and stakeholders as appropriate
- Maintain and foster strong relationships across a global organization
- 3+ years of legal, regulatory, compliance or relevant experience
- Bachelors or law degree preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple areas of compliance and regulations; FTC, CFBP, FCC, SEC, FINRA, GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL, TCPA, etc.
- Online media, marketing & advertising and lead generation experience a plus
- The candidate should also be experienced in policy writing, with strong writing and presentation skills
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement and enhancement
- Ability to interpret and advise on a broad range of regulatory issues and a variety of state and federal regulations
- Ability to think strategically, critically and proactively across a diverse set of matters and distill complex issues into simple, concise components
- Excellent communication and judgment
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Ability to make decisions, exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Mac environment, gSheet, Excel, Google Apps, and tools like Dropbox
Our Core Values:
- Clear Communications
- Passionately Courageous
- Amazing Judgment
- Curiously Innovative
- Selfless Honesty
ConsumerAffairs is a rapidly growing online marketplace. Companies (Brands) utilize our SaaS product to proactively connect with their customers, collect reviews, solve customer issues, generate sales and shape their online reputation.
Millions of consumers visit ConsumerAffairs.com each month to research products and services, connect with brands, purchase from brands, write reviews and read the news.
ConsumerAffairs is a fun, creative and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Our team is energetic, passionate and, dare we say, brilliant. We are looking for like-minded individuals that are highly self-motivated, high performing, imaginative and excited about building something together.