Connamara is seeking to add an Agile Business Lead to our team. At Connamara the Agile Business Lead fills a critical role on our cross-functional teams delivering business value to clients. In this role, you will sit between the business stakeholders of our clients and Connamara designers and engineers, communicating business use cases through user stories, features, and automated acceptance tests to the rest of the team.
You will be responsible for managing the team’s work schedule while being mindful of the priorities and timelines of our clients. Reporting directly to Connamara senior management, you will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of project management. You will be accountable for schedule, budget, and scope of the project. You will be responsible for scheduling and conducting stand-up meetings, the maintenance of agile project management tools (kanban boards, burndown charts, end-date calculation charts), prioritization of work, and design and implementation of automated acceptance tests.
Connamara is a team of high performing software engineers, UI/Ux designers, project managers, and analysts working in capital markets located in the Chicago Loop. We are dedicated to fulfilling the business goals of our clients through certainty of delivery while maintaining the highest of quality standards. We attain our mission through the use of agile software developments methods honed over twenty years of practice. Our clients include top proprietary trading firms, brokers, and exchanges from Wall Street to LaSalle Street to the City of London.
At Connamara, we highly value work/life balance and are looking for a team member who feels the same way. You won’t be asked to work crushing hours, and you will be able to maintain a flexible schedule. While we expect a high degree of independence, energy and quality output, we also believe in having a good time. Workplace benefits include an office near CTA and Metra transit options in the Loop, access to free food of your choosing via Peapod, bike storage, fitness center in the building, and more. Traditional compensation and benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – fully paid by employer
- 20 days paid time off per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Flexible Spending Accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
Skills & Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, or Math
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and convey solutions through user stories, features, and automated tests
- Ability to communicate well with client business stakeholders, software engineers, and designers
- Experience designing and implementing automated integration tests to demonstrate feature completeness
- Experience with an automated testing framework like Cucumber
- Experience using GitHub a plus
- Experience using ZenHub a plus
- Financial / Capital Markets experience a plus
- FIX Protocol experience a plus