Location: Oakland, CA, US
The Truck Driver role is the linchpin of Conexwest. You are the eyes, ears and feet of our business; connecting operations and sales to provide the best service to our customers.
As a Conexwest driver you will:
- Deliver all portable storage containers to local customers (not an “over-the-road” Driver structure)
- Interact with our customers building relationships throughout your territory
- Work with our internal office and yard staff
From the moment you’re hired, you’ll know you’re on the team because Conexwest will invest in you. Our Drivers experience 2-3 weeks of training depending on your experience and retention level. After that, you’ll continue to get training and support from other Conexwest employees including weekly safety training.
Working at Conexwest provides opportunities for advancement. Many of our Drivers have moved up to Lead Drivers, Lead Yard Workers, Dispatch/Office Managers and some have even transitioned to our sales division! In addition to advancement opportunities, our Driver compensation is extremely competitive.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Great with people: When you join our team, you’re given the opportunity to interact with lots of customers. If you like to work with people and are skilled in relating to others, this is a great position for you!
- Skilled time-management: As a Conexwest driver, you’ll be in charge of your time management. We’re a team-oriented company, so there will be times when you’ll be asked to adjust your route or delivery schedule. Being able to adapt is a must.
- Flexible schedule: We’re flexible for our customers; Drivers on our team must have the ability to be on-call nights and weekends.
- Ability to handle a physically demanding position: The Driver positions at Conexwest are very physically demanding. You’ll be responsible for lots of heavy equipment.
- Truck – heavy duty
- Tractor trailer both hydraulic and gas powered
- Unit trailer
- Telephone, radio, handheld dispatch equipment
- Load pulling/load securement chains, straps, winch
Experience and education:
- High School Diploma or GED preffered
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid Class A commercial vehicle operator’s license (issued by one state or jurisdiction)
- 3 years’ CDL Class A experience OR 2 years’ CDL Class A experience and a truck driving school certificate. (Prefer experience within the last 7 years).
- Class A experience during your time in the military is gladly accepted!
- 6 months of Class A OR Roll-off truck experience within the last 24 months
- Valid medical certificate and is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- Towing experience, preferred
- Ability to read and speak English in order to speak to your team and customers, drive and understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries and make entries to reports and records
It’s the perfect time to join our sales team; right now, you’ll even get a $5,000 sign on bonus upon successful hire!