Position Title: FTTH GIS Analyst/Designer
Job Summary and Objectives:
Conexon is a rapidly growing company working with Rural Electric Cooperatives to build advanced fiber to the home (FTTH) networks nationwide.
We are looking for the right candidates with a strong foundation in GIS to join our growing team in Kansas City, MO. ArcMap will be utilized with fiber optic design and management extensions to produce electronic and paper construction documents. GIS experience is required, and fiber optic design experience is desired, but we will train the right candidate. Put your GIS skills and training to work delivering advanced broadband networks to improve the quality of life in rural areas all across the country.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS based mapping tools to serve as a foundation in design of fiber optic networks in a utility environment.
- Generate accurate and presentation quality maps to support client and construction needs including initial design, permitting, and construction map books.
- Work with existing large geodatabases and shape files and in some cases import field collected data.
- Strong communication and organizational skills to work effectively with project managers, construction crews, and client representatives.
- Analysis of existing GIS data including summarizing statistics and performing ad hoc queries.
- Must have the ability to work independently with a distributed team and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to prepare presentation quality maps for client and industry presentations.
- Associate/Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- GIS experience
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid time off
- Full benefits (i.e. health, dental, and vision)
- Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Retirement benefits