Position title: Make Ready Construction Supervisor
Job Summary and Objectives:
Conexon is a rapidly growing company working with Rural Electric Cooperatives to build advanced fiber to the home (FTTH) networks nationwide. We are currently looking for a Make Ready Construction Supervisor to join the Construction Management team for a client in the Tupelo, MS area.
We are looking for qualified candidates for onsite make-ready construction supervision that have experience in all facets of constructing a FTTH network. This candidate should have experience with FTTX, FTTH, FTTP, Fiber, telecommunications or broadband projects. Make-ready construction supervisors must be organized and have good written and verbal communication skills to communicate with clients, cooperative members, and co-workers. Current opportunity includes work onsite with some travel required.
- Scheduling with timeline production and tracking
- Make-ready evaluation and proposed solutions
- Understanding of RUS electric units
- Understanding of FTTH plant design
- A thorough understanding of utility attachments, ROW permitting, construction and quality control.
- Cost control for the client and Conexon
- Understanding of NESC standards
- Production verification and invoice reconciliation with production
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Weekly status reporting
- Knowledge of commonly used cooperative staking software packages is a plus. (NISC, SEDC, Milsoft)
- Ability to use digital technology (GPS, Pole number or address) to locate proposed and completed work
This does not mean that the supervisor must perform all of these tasks, but the applicant will manage these areas of responsibility.
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid time off
- Full benefits (i.e. health, dental, and vision)
- Life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Retirement benefits