Position Title: Sales Manager
Job Summary and Objectives:
Conexon is a rapidly growing company working with Rural Electric Cooperatives to build advanced fiber to the home (FTTH) networks nationwide.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to manage sales leads for Conexon. This position will be responsible for the image and perception of Conexon as well as establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
This position would include, but not be limited to, the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Makes telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers
2. Attending tradeshows and onsite meetings required
3. Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
4. Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
5. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management in a timely manner.
6. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, management, construction, engineering/technical service groups.
7. Analyzes the territory and market potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
8. Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
9. Plans and organizes to promote efficient and effective sales strategies.
10. Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
11. Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual sales activity.
12. Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends.
13. Build upon Conexon’s existing reputation and increase market share
14. Perform all other duties as may be assigned by VP of assigned dept.
15. Frequent travel is required
1. Bachelors degree
2. 3-5 years of experience in a sales leadership role in a competitive environment
3. Telecommunications sales experience is preferred
Conexon's headquarter office is located in Kansas City, MO. Remote location will be considered for the right candidate.