ABOUT CONDUIT VENTURES, INC. /
Conduit Ventures (C/V) is a software development and recruitment agency. We specialize in helping growth stage startups ship code and scale their teams.
We are a group of engineers and recruiters that are brought together by intellectual curiosity and a drive to support projects that we’re collectively passionate about.
- Ability to work 100% remote with a highly collaborative team
- Exceptional healthcare benefits; premiums are 100% covered by the company
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k (no matching)
- Opportunity to work on open source projects
- Profit sharing participation for all team members
- Travel opportunities to meet C/V team members and clients
POSITION DESCRIPTION /
The Conduit Ventures engineering team is seeking a Backend Engineer with three or more years of experience in shipping production web applications. We’re looking for passionate engineers who are seeking new challenges and enjoy using the latest technologies.
The C/V culture promotes a creative and engaging environment where new and innovative thinking is celebrated. In this position you will be responsible for developing web-based applications in cooperation with the rest of the C/V team. You must have a highly-refined skill set, a passion for learning new things, and a sense of current market trends and emerging technologies.
After one year at Conduit Ventures a successful Backend hire will have:
- Shipped code for multiple venture-backed startups in varying industries
- Expanded C/V’s engineering capabilities by disseminating backend knowledge while also learning new technologies from other C/V team members and/or clients
- Maintained a healthy work/life balance by taking time when needed and proactively communicating what is needed to be individually successful
- Exhibited the universal traits of the Conduit Ventures team:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bias for action
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES /
- Be a highly effective and proactive communicator. We’re a distributed team, so strong communication skills are essential
- Understand our clients’ business needs and relate them clearly to our technical work
- Develop, manage, and monitor timelines, tasks, and deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with product, client, and ops teams to provide clear direction for on-time deliverables
- Appropriately document all activity/learnings and then effectively disseminate that information to the greater C/V team
- Identify project risks and communicate clearly to relevant stakeholders
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE /
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in Golang (ideally building distributed systems, backend apis, GraphQL apis or REST APIs)
- Production experience shipping micro service architectures in cloud environments
- Experience delivering services using test-driven development
- Meticulous code reviewer
- Frontend experience
- Prior consulting experience
- Relational database and SQL experience.
- Serverless experience
- Cloud/container native development experience
- IaC expertise (terraform)
- Experience with RoR or Node.js
- Performance tuning of existing services
*Conduit Ventures is not able to accept candidates that require Visa sponsorship.