Do you have between one and three years of experience in biz dev / account management / geographic expansion? Are you comfortable wearing several hats while working in a startup environment? Join us!
We’re a great team working smart to scale an industry-changing platform! CompStak uses a unique crowdsourcing method to create the largest and most accurate database of commercial real estate data. We’re a VC-backed Fintech/CREtech company, expanding into every market in the United States. We’re excited by our mission, to transform the commercial real estate industry, while creating a supportive and fun-loving work culture in the process -- and our users love us!
As a Market Development Manager, you’ll be part of a close knit, collaborative team. You will work with your manager and team to help carry out the strategy that drives our growth with professionals working in commercial real estate brokerage and valuation. Our users don’t pay for CompStak -- they trade data for data. That said, this is a growth / business development role, and your superb biz dev, account management and communication skills will be fully utilized daily (as well as your work ethic!).
- Work together with the Director of Market Development to grow CompStak’s presence in your assigned markets.
- Help break into new CompStak expansion markets.
- Utilize every possible channel to acquire new users, including phone, email, in person meetings, conferences and events.
- Increase engagement on the platform by developing and maintaining excellent relationships with CompStak members
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with users that you onboard through open and interactive communication, while serving as the primary point of contact for user service requests.
- Act as the face of CompStak by attending industry conferences and hosting regional events with your team.
- Be based in Atlanta, GA and travel 25% to your other markets to promote CompStak, and visit your team in New York several times a year.
Required skills and experience:
- Commercial real estate experience required.
- Experience in business development or client success. Experience / interest in commercial real estate is preferred.
- You are comfortable with technology, including CRMs, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Slack.
- You enjoy speaking with people, reaching out to new leads/prospects, collaborating and working on a team.
- You have the ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- You’re a self starter, self directed and exceptionally organized.
- You find resourceful ways to deliver the best results even when the odds are stacked against you.
- You believe in nurturing an inclusive team environment, showing concern for the success and well-being of your teammates.
- Most importantly, you have persistence and grit while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
Why work here?
Voted one of Crain's Best Places to Work four years in a row, CompStak employs some of the smartest and friendliest people in the industry. Just like you, our team is superbly talented, easy going, and fun. At CompStak, you will expand your knowledge, while using your energy, talent and creativity to achieve the impossible, and enjoy every moment.
Say goodbye to big company politics and red tape, and take advantage of health and retirement benefits, equity, unlimited vacation, catered lunches and happy hours, an annual company retreat. You can also bring your dog to work!
We'd love to hear from you! Send us a note and tell us why you're a perfect fit for this role.
An Equal Opportunity Employer ----- M/F/D/V