CompStak, a prominent NYC based data startup, focuses on gathering unique datasets via crowdsourcing and providing unprecedented insights to Commercial Real Estate industry via state of the art data-intensive applications. We are expanding our tech team and looking for talented Senior Engineers to help us bring our unique data products to the market. What you will work on will challenge the status quo and change our industry forever. You will be working in the following environment:
- Scala based public and private APIs
- Machine learning systems for processing and analyzing crowdsourced and public data
- Sophisticated search tech, based on Elasticsearch
- Automated DevOps via SaltStack and Terraform
- Polyglot development environment
- Data driven product offerings
- And much more
Who are you?
We are looking for senior software engineers with 4+ years of experience who have a proven track record of delivering high quality maintainable software. At CompStak we provide an amazing environment for your continuous personal and professional growth and in return we hope that:
- you are interested in data-driven products
- your professional mission is to develop rock-solid systems and write clean and maintainable code
- you are focused on solving problems via well designed composable systems
- you are interested in working in a lean startup environment
- you are always eager to learn no matter the depth of your experience
- you are a kind person who has easy time collaborating with other people
- you are happy to mentor less experienced gifted engineers
Big plus if:
- you have BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- you have experience with Scala and you count Scalaz, Cats, Shapeless among your favorite libraries
- you have experience in other functional languages like Haskell or OCaml
- you are interested in Machine Learning and NLP
Who are the people of CompStak?
CompStak was born out of our dreams to revolutionize Commercial Real Estate and deliver information and insight out of fragmented and sparse data. We hail from 500 Startups, one of the most prestigious Silicon Valley incubators. Our goals and potential are lofty, and that is why we are backed by one of the most acclaimed VC firms – Canaan Partners. When you join our family, you will be joining a smart and collaborative team that is currently disrupting an antiquated industry.
What will you be paid?
- Highly competitive compensation: salary + bonus + equity
- Karma points for doing great things in life.
An Equal Opportunity Employer ----- M/F/D/V