The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, yielding no interest. At Compound, we’re creating interest rate markets to unlock the value of these assets, empowering investors with new opportunities to profit. Our goal: to create financial infrastructure that is used for the next hundred years.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Compound, you will own many aspects of security and projects related to the security of the Compound Protocol from idea through implementation with the support of a small team, helping define the future of Compound’s security engineering organization. You will work as both red and blue teams in infrastructure (dev ops, network planning, IDS), application security (Kubernetes, containers, Linux), and protocol security (smart contracts, Solidity). You will be part of a team which builds services and platform tools with security issues in mind. You will also probably drink some LaCroix or hear “pass the hot sauce,” while you’re here, too.
You will have an understanding of security vulnerabilities, analyze, identify and communicate new and future risks. You will help expand an incident response plan with a focus on security. At Compound, you will build and work on high-caliber technology to propel community-built interfaces for the future of decentralized finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Build a platform of security-focused tools (on and off-chain) to plan for, detect, and defend the Compound protocol from risks
- Ensure that security requirements and considerations are woven into the development of each system
- Work with teammates to maintain and continually improve our existing and build new security tools and using modern software engineering practices
What You Bring to the Compound Engineering Team:
- 6+ years of professional engineering experience in, Security, DevOps, SRE, InfoSec, Infrastructure, etc.
- Ability and experience learning new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- Proficiency in taking threat models and applying effective network security strategies at scale
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is “Nice to Have:”
- Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform experience
- Network Planning, IPS/IDS experience
- Formal analysis and code or model verification
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock Options as an early employee of Compound
- Commuter benefits
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Bike friendly office
- Open floor plan
- Regular team meals and outings
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + hot sauce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Compound is an open-source, autonomous protocol built for developers, to unlock a universe of new financial applications. We are building a transparent money market for cryptocurrencies, while helping an ecosystem of applications built on top of Compound to grow, making it easier to access these financial markets. We are one of the most visible pioneers of decentralized finance - by joining us, you will truly have a hand in shaping the future of finance.
Founded in 2017, Compound is backed by leading investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.