The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
The Compound protocol is an open, autonomous money market protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, built for developers to unlock a universe of new financial applications. Tens of thousands of users and dozens of applications use the protocol to frictionlessly earn interest and borrow assets. Our team develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As Compound’s Business Development Associate, you will co-create and execute on the business development pipeline for Compound’s next stage of exponential growth.
You will identify potential institutional partners (including custodians, exchanges, and brokers), build relationships with key stakeholders in those organizations, and help drive partnership deals from open to close. You will also maintain and expand relationships with our existing partners.
This is a unique opportunity to manage critical business initiatives for a quickly-growing startup backed by incredible investors while developing a world-class network in the cryptocurrency industry.
- Build and execute a business development pipeline focused on cryptocurrency custodians, exchanges, and brokers.
- Initiate, track, and manage conversations with these potential partners.
- Produce materials for pitching to and communicating with potential partners - from research memos, to presentation slides, to analytical models.
- Design and manage business development processes that will scale with the growth of Compound and the broader cryptocurrency industry.
- 1-3 years of Analyst/Associate experience in investment banking, management consulting, or an equivalent role working on high-touch, high-value business deals.
- Eagerness to build relationships with some of the most important companies building financial infrastructure for cryptocurrencies.
- Exceptional project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communicator (email, phone, presentations), with an affinity for math and analytics, and the resourcefulness and energy to solve novel, complex problems.
- An existing network in the cryptocurrency ecosystem (especially related to exchanges, custodians, and brokers).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.