The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, yielding no interest. At Compound, we’re creating interest rate markets to unlock the value of these assets, empowering investors with new opportunities to profit. Our goal: to create financial infrastructure that is used for the next hundred years.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Compound, you will join our team in building an open, transparent, frictionless protocol using smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. We build complex software and systems to communicate to and from the blockchain, help ourselves and our partners understand the state of our Compound money markets, and provide resources and documentation. These systems are critical to the success of Compound and the infrastructure team keeps them running safely.
You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of products and services, ensuring they run correctly, securely and with high uptime guarantees (based on service level objectives). You will also probably drink some LaCroix or hear “pass the hot sauce,” while you’re here, too. Your knowledge of Linux systems engineering including networking, firewalls, DNS, and other core concepts, will drive a level of excellence at Compound, securing our systems for our users, our partners, and ourselves.
At Compound, you will build high-caliber technology to propel community-built interfaces for the future of decentralized finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Build self-healing systems measuring uptime and ensure that "pages" are infrequent and actionable
- Secure our systems to keep them safe and secure against attackers, phishing and data theft
- Have a keen idea of correctness and help ensure that systems are producing correct and tested output
- Work with and within Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Ansible and/or SaltStack, as well as further introduce us for the right tools for the job
What You Bring to the Compound Engineering Team:
- Experience building secure systems at scale on AWS, GCP or a similar cloud environment
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Ruby or Erlang / Elixir
- Experience working with containers and containerized systems (Docker, rkt or lxc)
- Knowledge of identity and authentication and how to build processes for managing IAM
- Experience with building and maintaining incident response policies
Experience with these Technologies is “Nice to Have:”
- Knowledge of Alpine Linux or Container-Optimized OS
- Experience managing logs and SIEM
- Operational security, pen-testing and/or red-team experience
- Experience building secure Kubernetes deployments at scale
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock Options as an early employee of Compound
- Commuter benefits
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Bike friendly office
- Open floor plan
- Regular team meals and outings
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + hot sauce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Compound is an open-source, autonomous protocol built for developers, to unlock a universe of new financial applications. We are building a transparent money market for cryptocurrencies, while helping an ecosystem of applications built on top of Compound to grow, making it easier to access these financial markets. We are one of the most visible pioneers of decentralized finance - by joining us, you will truly have a hand in shaping the future of finance.
Founded in 2017, Compound is backed by leading investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.