The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
The Compound protocol is an open, autonomous money market protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, built for developers to unlock a universe of new financial applications. Tens of thousands of users, and dozens of applications use the protocol to frictionlessly earn interest and borrow assets. Our team develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As a DevSecOps Engineer at Compound, you will own aspects of DevOps related to the security of the Compound Protocol from idea through implementation. Since our team is small, you will own everything that you do and play a key role in taking on existing and executing on new projects. You will collaborate frequently with a small but experienced engineering team playing a critical role in defining the future of Compound’s security engineering organization. You will have an understanding of security vulnerabilities, analyze, identify communicate new and future risks and implement solutions with process and code. Your goal is to increase the velocity of the engineering making each engineer able to quickly verify that changes are robust and secure.
- Build a platform of security-focused tools to plan for, detect, and defend the Compound protocol from risks.
- You will help grow a Rugged engineering culture at Compound.
- Work with teammates to maintain and continually improve our existing and build new security tools and using modern software engineering practices.
- Build and connect tooling to verify the security and robustness of all changes built by the engineering team.
- Ensure that security requirements and considerations are woven into the development of each system.
- Build a framework that makes sure every engineer is aware of security and each patch is verified as secure.
- Zero tolerance for security vulnerabilities and process inefficiency.
- Always looking for opportunities to optimize, automate and secure the daily workflow.
- See beyond the current norm of operation, then design and implement solutions in stages.
- Great communication skills and empathy in building culture for engineers to do the same.
- Live by the principles of MEASURE & Rugged DevSecOps engineering.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Ruby, Python, node).
- Strong debugging skills and/or experience with reverse engineering.
- A clear empathetic communication style quick to participate in deep technical discussions.
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive new projects.
- Attracted to learning new technologies and communicating their value to the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.