The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
The Compound protocol is an open, autonomous money market protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, built for developers to unlock a universe of new financial applications. Tens of thousands of users, and dozens of applications use the protocol to frictionlessly earn interest and borrow assets. Our team develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
We build complex software and systems to communicate to and from the blockchain, help ourselves and our partners understand the state of our Compound money markets, and provide resources and documentation. These systems are critical to the success of Compound and the infrastructure team keeps them running safely. That's where you come in as Compound's first SRE.
- Be involved in the entire lifecycle of products and services, ensuring they run correctly, securely and with high uptime guarantees (based on service level objectives).
- Build self-healing systems measuring uptime and ensure that "pages" are infrequent and actionable
- Secure our systems to keep them safe and secure against attackers, phishing and data theft.
- Have a keen idea of correctness and help ensure that systems are producing correct and tested output.
- Experience building secure systems at scale on AWS, GCP or a similar cloud environment.
- Experience with: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Ansible and/or SaltStack.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: go, python, ruby or erlang / Elixir.
- Experience working with containers and containerized systems (Docker, rkt or lxc).
- Knowledge of Linux systems engineering including networking, firewalls, DNS, and other core concepts.
- Knowledge of identity and authentication and how to build processes for managing IAM.
- Experience with building and maintaining incident response policies.
- Knowledge of Alpine Linux or Container-Optimized OS.
- Experience managing logs and SIEM.
- Operational security, pen-testing and/or red-team experience.
- Experience building secure Kubernetes deployments at scale.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.