The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, yielding no interest. At Compound, we’re creating interest rate markets to unlock the value of these assets, empowering investors with new opportunities to profit.
We’re building an open, transparent, frictionless protocol using smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. Our goal: to create financial infrastructure that is used for the next hundred years.
As a Senior Engineer at Compound, you will own a project through from idea through implementation with the support of a small team, helping define the future of Compound’s engineering organization. You will be part of a team which builds smart contracts, back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces.
- Build smart contracts in Solidity for the Ethereum blockchain.
- Understand and ensure the correctness of financial algorithms,
- Build back-end web services which interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
- Collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact.
- Build a platform of tools (on and off-chain) for the developer community.
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- Expertise building web-services for highly-trafficked web services
- Ability and experience learning new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ethereum blockchain
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Pheonix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.