The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
The Compound protocol is an open, autonomous money market protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, built for developers to unlock a universe of new financial applications. Tens of thousands of users, and dozens of applications use the protocol to frictionlessly earn interest and borrow assets. Our team develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As a Senior Engineer at Compound, you will own a project through from idea through implementation with the support of a small team, helping define the future of Compound’s engineering organization. You will be part of a team which builds smart contracts, back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces.
- Build smart contracts in Solidity for the Ethereum blockchain.
- Understand and ensure the correctness of financial algorithms,
- Build back-end web services which interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
- Collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact.
- Build a platform of tools (on and off-chain) for the developer community.
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- Expertise building web-services for highly-trafficked web services
- Ability and experience learning new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ethereum blockchain
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Pheonix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.