The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, yielding no interest. At Compound, we’re creating interest rate markets to unlock the value of these assets, empowering investors with new opportunities to profit.
We’re building an open, transparent, frictionless protocol using smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. Our goal: to create financial infrastructure that is used for the next hundred years.
As Compound’s Marketing and Community Lead, you will create and lead the community strategy to create brand awareness and build trust in the community. You will be responsible for setting the communications strategy and managing our online presence spanning multiple channels (chat rooms, blog, etc). You will host and attend meetings, conferences and engage with teams to grow the Compound ecosystem.
- Drive community strategy, development, growth, and engagement.
- Manage communication channels, including live chat, blog posts, and social media.
- Assist third-party developers building on top of Compound with assistance, marketing and publicity.
- Organize meetups, webinars, and other community and engineering-focused events.
- Attend cryptocurrency events, including speaking engagements.
- Source feedback, ideas and actionable information from the community.
- We prefer candidates with previous experience in content management, community management, marketing management, and engagement with developers.
- History managing company-wide communications; blog posts, external communication channels, email and public chat-rooms.
- Experience engaging multiple audiences gathering their feedback, build relationships, create content and partnerships, grow the community, and discover evangelists.
- An aversion to SEO or maximizing social media likes as a measure of productivity.
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrency community (Bitcoin, Ethereum, ICO projects, etc).
- Familiarity with finance and financial technology companies.
- Experience engaging with engineer teams from a non-technical perspective.
- A desire to foster an open company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.