Common Energy is a leading clean energy provider based in New York. Our team has installed more than 30MW of solar energy across the United States, powering more than 5,000 homes, saving homeowners over $40MM, and preventing more than a billion pounds of carbon emissions. We have developed a new solution that enables anyone to go solar through their utility, without in-home installation.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team!
How do I know if this role is right for me?
- You have a functional understanding of how content is published, and worked with multiple platforms. You can handle HTML optimization for search engines and social platforms
- You are passionate about renewable energy and consumer electricity. You want to create meaningful content to reach these consumers
- You have confirmed experience growing a brand through highly engaging content
- You have knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- You have worked with Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel
- You are a great writer and can edit copy
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience
- Experience with video, photography, design, or data visualization is a plus
What’s the day-to-day like in this role?
- Lead the creation of social media and blog content
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other scalable channels
- Work with the direct sales team to produce content for outreach efforts in the field
- Craft shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread our brand
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
- Source and manage a network of influencers, brand champions, press contacts, and other partners to amplify Common Energy's content
- Manage the production and editing of blog and video content produced by external creators and other members of the team
- Have lunch (don’t worry the bill is on Common Energy!) with the rest of the team in HQ