CoinJar is one of Australia's fastest growing startups and a trusted market leader in the digital currency industry. We build consumer-friendly products with strong focus on security, scalability and usability.
Our Engineering Team is a highly productive, product-oriented cross-functional team with a focus on shipping code frequently. At CoinJar, you can expect to take ownership of projects from inception to delivery and influence future product directions based on your expertise.
We are searching for experienced Senior Backend Engineers to join our team in our Melbourne CBD office. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for learning and takes pride in their work.
You should love crafting well thought out and intuitive APIs, and appreciate the value of clean code. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented individuals, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development.
We primarily code in Ruby and Elixir. We use Buildkite with Docker for our CI pipeline. Our infrastructure is predominantly on AWS.
Your day to day looks like this
- Participate in our Agile-ish development process
- Design, implement and maintain external and internal APIs and services that are secure, reliable and scalable
- Respond to bug reports and debug production issues across the entire platform.
- Work with engineers and designers in a cross functional team to deliver our product vision and roadmap
- Share the responsibility of DevOps with the entire engineering team, including database maintenance and deployment
- Perform code reviews
- Take part in our hackathon/dev days
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering with at least 3 years in Ruby and/or Elixir.
- You must have experience developing with relational or document-based databases like MySQL, Postgres, Redis and MongoDB.
- You've previously built production software with meaningful scale
- You can write high-quality, reliable code with security and scalability in mind
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely
Nice to have
- You have made contributions to open source projects
- You've previously worked in an environment with strong security constraints, or you have other web security experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Opportunity to experiment with bleeding edge technologies
- You'll get a laptop on your first day with your preferred configuration
- We have a flexible hours system and you also have the option to work from home 0-2 days a week
- We offer employee equity in addition to your base salary, with some of the most generous terms in the market
- Fee-free trading on CoinJar!