If you have a passion for learning and are ready for a chance to learn technologies and practices needed to gain peer-recognition of being at the level of a Software Craftsperson, then we look forward to receiving your application.
3 Month Programme: Expert Guidance, Paid Apprenticeship, Hands-On Learning
Hands-on, intensive modules covering the essentials of Software Design, XP practices, Clean Code and DDD. You will be mentored by our Craftspeople, skilled professionals with a breadth and depth of expertise. We pay you a full-time salary throughout the Apprentice programme - essentially, we pay you to learn. All concepts are taught through hands-on exercises, coding katas, group discussions and code reviews.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- 2+ years' programming experience
- Are familiar with at least one tech stack (C#, Java or Node.js is desirable)
- Have a demonstrable attitude for self-learning and awareness of the need for quality and good practices.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Are comfortable with OO design, modelling and executing CRUD commands on relational database and be able to write tests (though we don't expect you to be able to test drive).
Desired knowledge & skills
- Development experience within a commercial environment
- Comfortable with Agile/Scrum/XP/Software Craftsmanship principles.
- Be able to test drive code using both classicist and London school (including resting and refactoring legacy code).
- Be comfortable with full stack web applications and macro design (MVC, SPA, REST, N tier layers, Hexagonal Architecture).
- Be comfortable with OO design (SOLID, 4 rules of simple design, coupling/cohesion), DDD and design patterns.