The Instructor is responsible for providing instruction in multiple programming languages to a team of students. The Instructor will monitor student success and provide 1:1 guidance as needed.
- Prepare students for success by providing coaching in all aspects of their journey towards becoming critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Day to day instruction of students, following a well-curated curriculum, supplemented with your own professional experiences
- Implement state law policies relating to career / vocational schools, such as enforcing student attendance, the grading of assignments, etc.
- Gather and report on student metrics
- Participate in occasional project and curriculum development, as well as curriculum refinement
- Participate in campus activities, including but not limited to:
orientation, open houses, student events, graduations, and tech talks on topics of your interest
- Participate in professional training, so you stay fresh!
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Coding Dojo | Dallas is Texas Workforce Commission certified, which means you must possess certain educational and/or professional requirements to operate as an instructor. You must have proficient web programming experience. Please ensure you meet or exceed at least one of the following:
- Bachelors degree, in addition to one (1) year of relevant work experience within the past ten (10) years
- Associates degree, in addition to two (2) years of relevant work experience within the past ten (10) years
- Secondary education certificate of completion, in addition to four (4) years of relevant work experience within the past ten (10) years
WE'D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF...
- You are passionate about learning, helping others, and making a positive impact in the world. Your energy will be an important driver for the success of our students and staff.
- You are a highly motivated individual with leadership skills who can guide and lead our students
- Teaching, mentorship, and coaching experience is a big plus!
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is an industry-leading coding bootcamp whose flagship program is unmatched: we teach 3 full stacks in 3 months—a mixture of which can include iOS, Python, MEAN, Rails, C#, Java, or LAMP. If you have development and/or instruction experience and are looking for a new and exciting milestone in your career, this position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up and make a positive impact
in many people's lives. We also offer world class training, so if you don't know some of the stacks we teach, don't worry! We run an intensive program for new instructors.
Coding Dojo has campuses in Silicon Valley, Seattle, Burbank, Dallas, Washington DC, Chicago and Tulsa and is currently looking for Instructors for our Dallas location!
Coding Dojo offers a competitive salary and standard benefits.
We're looking for developers who are passionate about learning and helping others. Our instructors get to teach, work on projects, as well as develop new courses for the Dojo. You can see what a day at Coding Dojo
is like, and check out a full list
of languages and frameworks we teach.