Code.org is transforming computer science education and changing the world. Working at Code.org, you’ll be playing an active role in getting computer science education into all schools for all students and building the competitive workforce of the future.
As Software Engineer at Code.org, you’ll be delivering features in Code Studio, used by tens of millions of students and teachers in K-12 classrooms around the world. You’ll be part of an agile, fast-moving team where you get to deliver features to customers quickly and frequently. You’ll get to work on hard computer science problems and use some of the latest web technologies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Passion for our mission of increasing access to computer science education;
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in a related field;
- 6+ years as a software engineer;
- Professional experience in at least one programming language, such as:
- Experience with these specific technologies is helpful, but not required:
- MySQL and related database concepts
In addition, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Pass a pre-employment background check
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.