Code.org is recruiting for a Product Manager who is excited to be at the forefront of bringing equity to computer science education and empowering all K-12 schools to teach this fundamental subject. We are a small, but powerful team that dreams big and has fun in the process. As a Product Manager, you will be part of the team that creates the platform delivering the most popular K-12 Computer Science curriculum to students and educators around the world.
Want to inspire kids to express their creativity and build confidence through coding? The right tool can inspire students, make it easy to create something they’re proud of, and help them debug when something just doesn’t quite work right.
In this role, you’ll be the product manager for all of our development environments for kids including block-based programming environments for elementary school (Maze
, Sprite Lab
, Dance Party
and more) and our Hour of Code
or their own web apps
In this role, you will:
- Lead efforts building tools that K-12 students use as they engage with computer science, paying special attention to supporting new-to-computer science students and inspiring girls and underrepresented minorities
- Connect with students by visiting classrooms, dig into data, do market research, and synthesize these ideas into a product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Partner deeply with our curriculum team to understand our pedagogy, enabling you to design tools that support our classroom teachers within the context of our curriculum
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and the rest of the product team to ensure a cohesive end-to-end experience across the entire product line
- Wear many hats to help drive one of the biggest movements in education
We provide a supportive environment that moves quickly but also allows for experimentation and acknowledges that mistakes are part of the learning process.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have experience interacting with designers and/or designing user experiences
- 5+ years of experience as a program manager or product manager building web-centric products/services
- BS/BA in Computer Science or relevant development experience
Additional skills and interests that would help you be successful in this role:
- Teaching or volunteering experience in K-12 classrooms
- Experience using programming tools designed for students
In addition, you must:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.