The Code Ocean
Product Team is growing and we’re hiring our first Senior Product Manager in Israel – a flexible and independent individual, a natural bridge-builder with a holistic product approach, who is able to balance between high level thinking and drilling down into details.
This position is based in Tel Aviv and reports to our Chief Product Officer in North America.
Our Problem Space
Have you heard of the reproducibility crisis
? One of the biggest challenges facing scientists and researchers today is the inability to locate, set up, and run the original source code that produced the same results in published studies. Code Ocean
set out in 2015 to tackle this problem, and to date we’ve built a world-class platform for sharing fully reproducible scientific code, used by authors in highly esteemed journals such as IEEE and Nature.
The next step in our journey is to revamp the entire research analysis workflow, starting with the moment a researcher writes their first line of code. The typical researcher’s coding workflow today is a confusing, fragmented process. It consists of tools built by software developers (not scientists), cobbled together across multiple systems, with clunky, homegrown workarounds. To scientists in biopharma companies, we help share data and analytical results with others. To academic researchers, CO enables easy version tracking and collaboration with peers. Supporting a wide range of data science tools, CO wishes to encapsulates the entire analytical environment, making it easy to share in a cloud environment, or to publish to other users. Using CO, researchers can focus on what they do best: discovering truths about how our world works.
- Lead revenue generating activities
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert. Build relationships with customers, and develop a deep understanding of their day to day work
- Gather customers’ requirements, and prioritize work according to users’ and buyers’ needs
- Define product specifications, scenarios, use cases, and the product’s business logic
- Keep track of user feedback, product analytics, and incoming ideas/opportunities. Manage the backlog
- Work with experienced designers to internalize user research and convert it into actionable plans for improvement
- Drive the product to meet the company’s goals, with the company’s vision in mind
- Break down and scope out work. Plan sequencing for development efforts in close collaboration with engineering leadership, working to identify areas of uncertainty, forming hypotheses and testing them to reduce risk
- Own the internal communication throughout the development process
- Lead the product development process, working to ensure alignment by managing communications and questions about product specifications or designs as they arise
- Keep marketing, sales and outreach informed of future releases as well as progress on current release. Guide business on new features and their value proposition
- Stay in sync with product in NA and travel to work with remote teams as necessary
- Minimum 4 years of product management experience building and maintaining complex software systems in SaaS space
- Familiarity with modern software development practices, tools, and workflows
- Empathetic and compassionate listener, yet disciplined and organized communicator. Takes the time to fully understand problems and viewpoints before acting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, flexibility and adaptability to different communication methods (in person, remote, asynchronous) and a keen ability to translate between the languages of business, product, and engineering
- Collaborative, feels comfortable sharing incomplete work and working in an iterative process, collecting constant feedback
- Experience working with remote, cross-cultural teams
- Experience working in biopharma companies and familiarity with computational research workflows
- Component based design experience