is on a mission to accelerate the world’s pace of research by making it easy to share and reuse computational code and data between machines and people. We’re guaranteeing their reproducibility today, tomorrow and in the future. We are a well-funded startup of about 25 people and growing. We’re looking for a Support Engineering Lead who is excited about research. Our ideal candidate is curious about different computational research workflows, languages, and tools, and is passionate about making them accessible and intuitive to researchers with different levels of coding proficiency.
The Support Engineering Lead will report to the Director of Operations and will:
- onboard researchers to the platform, provide guidance, and resolve issues via live chat and email;
- write, maintain, and improve documentation to help researchers help themselves;
- verify that research published on the platform meets a high standard of reproducibility;
- manage the peer review workflow with our partner academic publishers;
- help improve user experience by providing feedback to product teams on feature requests and areas for improvement
- work with our outreach scientist to lead product demos pre and post sale;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting, git, Docker, and one or more computational research languages (R, Python, Julia, MATLAB, etc.)
- 2 years experience as a technical support, preferably at an early stage startup, or any equivalent experience with focus on documentation or instruction
- A track record of developing research code and/or contributing to open source projects
- Academic background in computational biology
- Experience working in / with biopharma companies
- Experience providing technical support on a complex product to users with different levels of technical proficiency
Code Ocean is: an open access platform for code and data where users can develop, share, publish, and download code through a web browser, eliminating the need to install software on personal computers. Our mission is to make computational research easier, more collaborative, and durable.
Working at Code Ocean
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including flexible work hours, comprehensive healthcare, a professional development stipend, and more. We are a tight-knit team of dedicated, mission-driven people who enjoy solving complex and challenging problems, but also strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Code Ocean is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all people, regardless of background, age or identity. Our team spans different cultures and backgrounds, and we believe our work is strengthened by a diversity of life experiences. We especially encourage members of communities underrepresented in tech to apply, including women, people of color, people who are LGBTQ, and people with disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.