Location: Northeastern US region (could be in remote)
This position requires about two quarterly trips to clients, conferences and company offices, post Covid19.
is a computational research management platform, boosting computational researchers’ productivity and guaranteeing reproducibility.
We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
Our mission is to empower researchers with the most powerful, easy to use computational research platform and to transform how we analyze and share scientific research code so that it is more open, reproducible and reusable. Trusted by life science leaders and publishers like Nature and IEEE, Code Ocean is setting the standard for computational reproducibility.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Director to drive our efforts to capture market potential and communicate product capabilities internally, to clients and to our ecosystem to generate demand and adoption, focusing on marketing and revenue objectives achievement.
- Research - analyze market potential, needs, buyer personas, buying journeys including via active frequent participation in sales and marketing activities
- Product Communications - craft product positioning and messaging; assist product management (PM) in synchronizing communications with product experience (packaging, documentation, interface)
- Competitive Analysis - research and monitor competitive products, develop differentiation messaging, detailed competitive comparisons and countermeasure techniques for sales
- Support Sales Efforts
- Define and communicate product positioning and messaging to sales force; provide salesforce with sales tools and sales collateral (presentations, evaluation guides, business cases, ROI templates, FAQs, Battle cards, objection handling, discovery and qualification forms…) ; support sales enablement
- Sales Collateral - create all product-related materials and tools (Document collateral, videos, web content)
- Sales and SE Support - Assist sales and pre-sales reps in handling prospect and customer questions and participate in sales calls
- Support marketing demand gen efforts
- Help create effective demand gen strategy and support execution from a content and messaging perspective
- Participate in performance analysis and adapt product messaging and positioning
- Support Analyst and Press Relations - Develop product-related news and pitch stories to press and analysts; serve as product spokesperson; manage product reviews in conjunction with PR team
- Product business plan - cooperate with PM, sales and customer success to develop and monitor revenue, customer acquisition / expansion and marketing activities to support business growth goals
- Support Product Management - communicate needed product capabilities derived from market interaction - to PM
- Manage outsourced resources and vendors and work with other team members to achieve goals
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in B2B technology startups, with at least 2 years in product marketing roles
- Proven experience with new product launch and go-to-market
- Proven experience in creating sales tools and enabling and working with sales teams
- Great verbal and presentation skills
- Marketing writing
- project management
- Good technical and business understanding (e.g. architecture consideration, solution ROI)
- Internet and social savvy
- independent, yet also likes working as part of a team
- Experience with the computational research / machine learning / virtualization / cloud computing
- Both Startup and big company experience
- Demand gen experience
- Targeted buyers in the biopharma industry - huge advantage
Code Ocean is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive work environment for all people, regardless of background, age or identity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.