Code and Theory is looking for a creative and innovative thinker and doer to help redefine what is possible in user experience and product thinking on its new Experience Strategy team. The ideal candidate will be a skilled creator of digital design systems, conceptor of compelling features and functionality, designer of user flows, and someone who can be fluent in the end to end customer journey, as well as the client process and workflow. An enthusiastic attitude to creating stellar documentation/annotations/functional requirements and a facility with complex product systems, and strong client presentation skills is appreciated, though prior agency experience is not required.
• Identifying insights by analysis of client input, consumer research and competitor data to drive the experience strategy.
• Translating experience objectives into tangible, meaningful and useful solutions across digital and physical products, services and spaces.
• Bringing concepts to life using sketches, illustrations, frameworks, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes and other mediums.
• Carrying out user research to uncover new insights and opportunities, understand current needs and wants, and test potential design solutions.
• Overseeing a variety of approaches to prototype, test and implement new ideas, by leveraging knowledge of relevant software, tools, and processes.
• Ability to produce Customer Journeys, User Journeys, Client Workflows, Current State Analysis + Audits, and Functional Requirements
• Leading the final output of the physical product
• Tactical experience in service design, user experience, design thinking, industrial design or a related field
• 4+ years’ experience working in a strategy or design role creating user-centric experiences for digital and/or technology brands
• Experience partnering with, or conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research, from insights to implications
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams Interpersonal
• Knowledge in using softwares like Keynote and Sketch
• Ability to solve complex problems in an ambiguous environment
• Comfortable being client facing
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.