At Code and Theory, our Creative Strategists ensure creative solutions are addressed considering all areas of a client's business, brand, and overarching objectives. Beyond merely developing creative solutions for our clients, we do so in a meaningful way that is implementable given organizational, technology, and timeline constraints.
Creative Strategists are ultimately responsible for bringing new ideas to life. They guide creative concepts from inception through design, development, and final implementation. They also define a path of action, ensuring our plan for making creative ideas a reality are communicated effectively.
Partnering closely with visual and interaction designers, experience strategists, producers and technology leads, you will define and implement the strategic vision for our client. Your experience working across all elements of the product development process means you are capable of executing on a range of deliverables with minimal oversight from fellow strategists. Your confidence and articulate communication-style will be called upon when interfacing, and presenting work to, our clients.
- Own overall strategy implementation and lead client presentations on findings and final presentation of creative solutions
- Structure and champion creative brainstorms, adhering to overall strategy, driving key decisions, and communicating results to broader project teams
- Work collaborative with technology team to ensure final digital product delivers on the original creative concept and lead internal creative iterations, as needed
- Conduct targeted research into brand, competitor, or business whitespace through review of secondary and primary sources
- Partner with Experience Strategy and Data, Analytics and Research teams to develop primary research plans, conduct research, and analyze results
- Support Creative Strategy Director in creation of key client deliverables
- Assist with business development opportunities
- 4-6 years experience in a Product Manager or Digital Strategy role, preferably in a strategic digital agency environment
- Personal involvement in successful digital product development engagements, producing key client-facing deliverables associated with the product / campaign development process
- Clear and effective communication of thoughts, delivering insights to senior client partners and stakeholders with ease
- Promote mentality of continual creative improvement; actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability
- Flexibility of skill set and personality are important; this role is unpredictable and your contribution across a wide range of activities will be important
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.