Our Talent team members are the strategic hiring partners across Code and Theory’s departments and offices. We focus on creating meaningful, genuine and individualized full lifecycle experiences for candidates, hiring managers and interviewers alike. We are committed to finding the most diverse and talented humans in the market and to creating a welcoming, inclusive and positive environment for them to do their best work.
We are looking for a Recruiter with strong technical and engineering hiring experience, to join our growing talent team. As a Recruiter at Code and Theory, you should have a strong existing network in the community, with a proven track record of successfully closing difficult to fill positions across a range of disciplines and experience levels. Your approach to partnering with hiring teams should be both personal and consultative, as we believe that recruiting is truly a partnership here -- not a service. Personality reigns supreme on this team - as unique as we all are, we share the common thread of affability, fairness, humility, creativity, self-drive and having a great sense of humor.
You nerd out on the candidate experience, are naturally curious and thrive on finding a level of connectivity with everyone you encounter. You are nimble and inventive, have a flexible attitude and understand the need to balance and prioritize in a fast-paced setting. You are equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively, and are at ease with all phases of sourcing, outreach, feedback, negotiation, offer and follow-up. Oh, and your communication style? Ace interviewer, phenomenal listener, ingenious writer and a diplomatic teammate. At Code and Theory, we love to grow our people and you should expect to do so in this role, but we also have a lot of hiring to do, so you need to be able to hit the ground running!
- Full lifecycle recruiting for a variety of disciplines, including technical, engineering, and digital product roles, across Code and Theory
- Provide a best-in-class experience for internal and external candidates
- Collaborate with Hiring Manager and Interviewers to ensure a positive recruiting experience, and provide reports around pipelines, candidate activity, prospecting activity & candidate quality
- Keep current with emerging technology, design, and industry trends, with excitement to promote and build Code and Theory’s teams and values
- Use an ATS to pipeline and document candidate process, outreach, feedback and interviews
- Source and engage with amazing people by leveraging our careers page, social media, events, job boards and unconventional methods to find the best candidates in the market
- Plan, attend and be a visible community member of at industry events, career fairs, hackathons and meetups.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an agency or consumer-focused company, partnering with hiring managers directly as a coordinator, sourcer or recruiter for engineering, digital product or technical positions
- Broad experience with various recruiting methods, working in ATS, and utilizing a range of sourcing tools
- Enjoy collaborative work with cross-functional teams in a strategy-driven and creative environment
- Provide support to multiple hiring managers, while recruiting for concurrent roles
- Strong understanding of Code and Theory’s employer brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a positive, solution-focused attitude
- Can effectively negotiate while balancing both candidate and Code and Theory interests
- Flexible and proactive attitude, super organized and able to constantly prioritize in fast-paced environment.
Code and Theory is a strategically driven company that lives at the intersection of creative and technology. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, Irvine, and Manila, we strive to solve consumer and business problems across the entire end-to-end customer journey, while being agents of change for our client partners in today’s digital first world.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, CNN, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, Hearst, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as adidas, Maybelline New York, Axe, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for JP Morgan Chase, MetLife, Samsung, Citibank, Dignity Health, US Chamber of Commerce and Nasdaq to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.