At Code and Theory, Associate Creative Director/Copywriters have broad copywriting experience and can expertly and seamlessly concept, write and collaborate across all digital touchpoints. Partnering closely with the creative team, you will invent and deliver crafted, thoughtful work that simultaneously demonstrates both passion for emerging tech, as well as linguistic savvy.
Our work manifests in digital, retail, social, installations and experiential - coming to life as systems, guides, names, tags, ads and stories. For this particular role, experience on an athletic or performance brand is desired, while visceral, empathetic and impactful storytelling -- is key.
ACD writers don’t just take assignments or fill in blanks, but ask questions and contribute important solutions that lead to smarter, better work through the lens of the copy discipline. On a day to day basis, ACDs will at times lean hard into specific briefs or dance across projects. You should feel confident presenting work and actively participating in discussions with existing or prospective clients—as well as guiding more junior writers to broaden, understand and improve their work.
Our ACD writers are expected to champion the following:
- Concept and execute on integrated branded campaigns across connected platforms, working with designers, developers and production teams, ensuring that creative integrity is maintained throughout the production process.
- Participate in, and lead client presentations, sessions and follow-up meetings
- Multi-task among several workstreams and / or projects, including taking part in pitching and winning new work
- Definite understanding of team management and project resourcing
While preferences, specialties and levels of expertise in these capabilities are natural and welcomed, ACDs should possess confidence to be briefed on diverse projects and deliver crafted, thoughtful work that furthers specific goals. Projects may need your talented lens on any combination of these capabilities:
- Interface Copy: Collaborate with both Interaction Designers and Visual Designers to ensure copy across digital experiences, ranging from mobile to physical spaces, is functional and effective
- Buy Flow/Technical: Write clear/tight instructional copy for ecommerce and more, with strategic CTAs
- Long Form: Journalistic sensibilities to pull the lead and thread a narrative, from articles to manifestos
- Concepting: Can brainstorm in groups and generate creative ideas and campaigns that are on-strategy, and frequently translate an above-the-line idea into the digital space including web, social, and retail
- Scriptwriting: Vivid treatments and video scripts that tell stories through both voice over and supers
- Naming: Brainstorm to produce names and rationale that exhibit strategic, linguistic creativity
- Deck writing: Effectively explain conceptual ideas and develop an argument with impactful cadence
- Voice Development: Create and describe a brand voice and explain actionable tactics to achieve it, and very critically, can vary voice across brands and platforms
- 6+ years of digital / integrated experience, preferably in a digital agency, ideally writing for athletic, fashion, lifestyle or technology brands
- Clear communicator, who can present and work capably across teams with varied strengths and experience levels
- Skilled leader who is excited to helm copy-centric work and inspire others to ideate and create
- Positive outlook and optimistic attitude; genuinely cares about creating excellent work
- Experience concepting and hands-on writing for digital / integrated campaigns in the athletic/performance space.
- Can calmly and capably manage project timelines, multi-task and work collaboratively within tight deadlines.
- Ability to shift voice and tone to write for a broad range of brands and platforms, and deliver a range of innovative creative solutions
- Excellent attention to detail while working across multiple projects in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.