At Code and Theory, our Junior Creative Strategists are the backbone of what drives innovation and new creative approaches in our work. By sourcing from a set of divergent and unique backgrounds we ensure that we can constantly apply fresh thinking and diverse ideas to the age old and unique challenges we are tasked to solve every day.
The common thread that binds us together is a love for solving any problem, willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and a high bar for quality of output. We like to think of ourselves as agents of change in today’s digital-first world, for our clients and for consumers alike. Ultimately we push our clients towards a future of fully connected content experiences—creating new spaces to communicate across touchpoints and environments, and uncovering new opportunities to break through the noise in a competitive world of information overload.
Working with clients at the global enterprise scale means sifting through huge amounts of information and unraveling complex legacy ecosystems. You’ll work closely with Creative Strategy, Experience Strategy, Engineering, Data, Analytics and Research teams to define and build a roadmap for digital-to-physical ecosystems that perform complex functions with measurable and optimizable results.
In your first month, you will:
- Dive headfirst into projects as a key contributor to product strategies and solutions
- Support internal workshops to facilitate candid discussion and collaborative exploration with peers and clients alike. They will rely on your objective guidance to help them define their business needs, goals, and a roadmap to get there. Being a “people person” and careful arbiter will help everyone find alignment and uncover that clear path forward.
- Collaborate across disciplines to develop product requirements and goals, and ensure the appropriate implementation at every step along the way
In your first year, you will:
- Conduct targeted brand, competitive, market, or business research and distill relevant information
- Analyze consumer trends across product categories to identify the insights that will inform the project experience strategy and concepts
- Develop quantitative and qualitative research plans to validate hypotheses
- Administer and participate in stakeholder interviews, workshops, and brainstorms, then communicate key takeaways to the rest of the team
- Ideate creative solutions that solve for competing business priorities and experience challenges
- Work with senior level Creative Strategists at various stages of the product development process to support key project milestones/deliverables and learn what is required to move through the end to end product development lifecycle
- Work in an accelerated concept and design process by supporting Senior Creative Strategists and Creative Leads with business development opportunities
You’re probably right for this role if you:
- Are eager to learn about a wide variety of topics, products, and businesses
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, and adapt easily to change
- Are self-motivated, willing to jump right in and take chances
- Possess high emotional intelligence
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at distilling key insights from a large amount of research and documentation
- Are humble, willing to take on any task to ensure a successful outcome, and eager to learn from those around you
- 2+ years' experience in a digital strategy role at a major website, digital product company, or digital agency with solid strategic record
- Familiarity with product development processes and best practices
- Strong communication skills, whether in writing, presentation, or speaking.
- Ability to think analytically and synthesize large amounts of information to quickly and efficiently identify what is salient and what is non-essential
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Flexible attitude in shifting environments and quickly adapt to new or unfamiliar tools, data and problems
- Naturally Curious, proactive and a strong presenter
- Equally comfortable working autonomously as you are hyper-collaboratively
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.