Code and Theory is seeking a digital writer. We’re not looking for books with rafts of one-two punch headers or ATL campaigns, but rather work that conveys a deep, detailed understanding of a product or service. We’re looking for someone who can take something technical and complex and find the thread, unbury the lead and translate it into writing that’s palatable, pleasant and human.
- Taking complex ideas and writing about them simply without dumbing them down
- Writing about topics like investment or insurance products in a voice that feels like a person—rather than a corporation
- Interacting with the client and collaborating with team members
- Working quickly under deadlines
- Incorporating client notes and feedback into new rounds of rewrites
- Working with compliance and disclaimers
- Writing copy for interactive features and social sharing
- Comfortable writing for SEO
- Solid experience writing for web: longform, shortform, scripts, nav, SEO, CTAs
- Adept at adjusting your tone and understanding the nuances of voice, even within one industry
- Experience working on a financial client at a digital agency
- Collaborative; comfy working in multi-disciplinary groups, rather than locked up with a partner
- A detail-oriented multitasker; workstreams and clients abound
- Easy vibe; we take things seriously but also keep it fun and cool
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.