Front End Developers at Code and Theory are actively involved throughout the project lifecycle, often times starting with rapid prototypes early in the design phase. Our Front End Engineers work very closely with the design team, not only to identify gaps and vet the designs for technical feasibility, but also to help inform the experience design through a technical lens. They are also expected to bootstrap a project from scratch, installing required modules/dependencies, creating necessary build processes, and standing up test environments.
- Current or previous digital agency experience is a must
- 1-2 years of mobile web development using React Native, with a strong understanding of mobile browser capabilities
- Define and enforce organizational coding standards, perform code reviews
- Assist in bootstrapping projects across multiple teams
- Ongoing research of new technologies, frameworks, and best practices
- Extensive experience with a CSS pre-processor (Sass), cross-browser compatibility, back-end integration and server-side templating, client-side templating (Mustache.js, Handlebars.js)
- Experience with various grid systems (eg. Bourbon Neat, Bootstrap), task runners (eg. Gulp), Node.js (Express), AMP and PWA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side performance analysis and optimization techniques
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.