The Retail Experience Designer at Code and Theory will bring a thoughtful and innovative approach to physical and in-store retail experiences. As a digital-first company, we seek to transcend the mere transactional elements of traditional retail by creating multidimensional physical spaces that manifest connected experiences. We’re looking for a designer who is excited - and experienced - in concepting and executing visual assets for global retail brands, and can elevate anything from signage to in-store imagery to help create transformative retail experiences.
In this role, you will partner closely with our visual, conceptual and experiential design teams, as well as with our creative and experience strategy teams. Ideally you are collaborative, and have a highly focused approach to your craft while executing quality design on a consistent and timely basis. You will design, produce and deliver a variety of branded retail experiences that will live primarily in physical and retail space for clients that ranging from lifestyle, especially in the performance athletics space, technology and publishing/media.
- Creative development and design of retail graphics, in-store appearances and window displays.
- Willingness to experiment with a broad spectrum of materials and methods in order to enhance the scope and inventiveness of retail collateral
- Flexibility in working cross-functionally with the retail, visual and experiential design teams in order to execute to exact brand specifications
- Adaptability to results of data, insights and customer feedback to ensure strategic, on-brand creative
- Learn, uphold, and embrace brand guidelines and standards in all undertakings
- Provide new design insight and inspiration to help usher our clients into the future of retail and connect more deeply with customers, both new and returning
- Deliver across a range of innovative creative solutions including style guides, photo shoots and physical retail spaces
- Clear communicator, who can present and work capably across teams with varied strengths and experience levels.
- Passionate teammate that loves thinking unconventionally, executing tactically and rises to the occasion to support the broader team
- 6+ year professional design experience, preferably with a creative agency or in-house team
- Experience with production of 2D visuals in a diversity of materials
- Experience with full-scale IRL ("architectural") wayfinding, with an understanding of graphics in physical space.
- Can calmly and capably work within project timelines, multi-task and work collaboratively to meet deadlines and produce visuals of the utmost quality and brand integrity.
- Hands-on working experience with project timelines and troubleshooting
- Professional proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Strong network of vendors with whom to collaborate on in-store collateral is a plus
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have recently rolled out new Voluntary Benefits including Accident Insurance and Short Term disability that you can choose to elect upon hire. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar and exceptional la Colombe coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.