Copywriters at Code and Theory have broad writing experience and can concept, write and collaborate across all digital touchpoints. Partnering closely with other members of the creative team, you will deliver crafted, thoughtful work that simultaneously demonstrates both passion for emerging tech, as well as linguistic savvy.
Our work manifests in digital, retail, social, installations and experiential, coming to life as systems, guides, sites, names, tags, ads and stories. For this particular role, experience on a streetwear brands and/or athletic brand is ideal. You will be tasked to lean into specific briefs and also dance across diverse assignments.
While levels of experience in these capabilities are natural and welcomed—copywriters should possess the confidence and desire to grow as writers in these areas:
- Interface Copy: Collaborate with both Interaction Designers and Visual Designers to ensure copy across digital experiences, ranging from mobile to physical spaces, is functional and impactful
- Buy Flow/Technical: Write clear/tight instructional copy for ecommerce and more, with strategic CTAs
- Long Form: Journalistic sensibilities to pull the lead and thread a narrative, from articles to manifestos
- Concepting: Can brainstorm in groups and generate creative ideas and campaigns that are on-strategy, and frequently translate an above-the-line idea into the digital space including web, social, and retail
- Scriptwriting: Vivid treatments and video scripts that tell stories through both voice over and supers
- Naming: Brainstorm to produce names and rationale that exhibit strategic, linguistic creativity
- Deck writing: Effectively explain conceptual ideas and develop an argument with impactful cadence
- Voice Development: Create and describe a brand voice and explain actionable tactics to achieve it, and very critically, can vary voice across brands and platforms
- 3+ years of digital / integrated experience, preferably in a digital agency, ideally writing for athletic, fashion, lifestyle or technology brands
- Clear communicator, who can articulate ideas verbally and explain the work
- Positive outlook and optimistic attitude; genuinely cares about creating excellent work
- Can calmly and capably manage project timelines, multi-task and work collaboratively within tight deadlines.
- Ability to shift voice and tone to write for a broad range of brands and platforms, and deliver a range of innovative creative solutions
- Excellent attention to detail while working across multiple projects in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
Code and Theory is a digital-first strategic and creative agency that designs products, content, and campaigns across physical and digital environments. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, and Manila, we believe a mix of technology and creativity can solve complex business problems to drive forward innovative change.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, WWE, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as Maybelline New York, Victoria’s Secret, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for NYLife, Quest Diagnostics, Citibank, Dignity Health, Reebok and Colgate to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.