Mobile Architects at Code and Theory are passionate about mobile innovation, and responsible for the design and development of iOS and Android applications targeting a variety of mobile devices. Your primary focus will be the development of mobile applications (both iOS and Android) and their integration with backend services. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Typically, mobile architects at Code and Theory are involved in the following activities:
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- During the pitch process / Define Phase:
- Work with the client and the other disciplines at Code and Theory (Strategy, Content Strategy, UX design, Visual Design) to convert client needs into technically vetted features
- Explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Be able to build quick prototypes (using native or front-end code) to demonstrate some features, interactions, or animations
- During the Development Phase:
- Define and set up the global architecture of the project, including, but not limited to: frameworks, libraries, continuous integration, unit testing, code quality standards, etc. for both iOS and Android
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Objective-C/Swift/Java/Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Define and enforce adherence to engineering best practices
- Lead and mentor junior developers and offshore developers
- Strong knowledge of mobile SDKs, different versions of iOS and Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of both iOS and Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with Sprint planning in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS and Android ecosystems and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with performance optimization
- Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Code and Theory is a strategically driven company that lives at the intersection of creative and technology. Founded in 2001 and operating out of offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Atlanta, Irvine, and Manila, we strive to solve consumer and business problems across the entire end-to-end customer journey, while being agents of change for our client partners in today’s digital first world.
From helping to redefining the publishing landscape through our work with media companies such as NBC News, CNN, Bloomberg, The BBC, The Outline, Vogue, Hearst, and The Guardian, to creating award-winning marketing programs for brands such as adidas, Maybelline New York, Axe, and Burger King, to developing unique customer experiences for JP Morgan Chase, MetLife, Samsung, Citibank, Dignity Health, US Chamber of Commerce and Nasdaq to designing physical products for companies like Brown-Forman, Hearst, and Comcast, Code and Theory is a creative agency built for the entire ecosystem.
At Code and Theory, we strive to only be limited by our own ambition and creativity. We believe in pushing beyond the easy and obvious answers in order to deliver the solutions that are right for our clients, their businesses, and their users.
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, flexible spending, pre tax commuter benefits and long-term disability. In addition, we have voluntary benefits including long-term and short-term disability and life insurance, that you can choose to elect upon hire. Code and Theory has a newly improved flexible vacation policy that does not put a defined limit on the amount of paid time off an employee takes in a year as long as they are responsible and accountable to their work. This policy is based on mutual trust between Code and Theory and our employees. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, stocked candy jar and exceptional Stumptown coffee and cold brew, weekly in office meditation, quarterly massages and team outings.
Code and Theory is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.